Why Use Polyurethane Cutting Edges on Snowplows?
FallLine began manufacturing Polyurethane Snowplow Cutting Edges in the early 90's and has since become an industry leader. Widely popular with airport operators for over two decades, Polyurethane Snowplow Cutting Edges have been gaining acceptance by others in the snow removal industry over the last decade as an alternative to steel and rubber edges. Polyurethane Plow Edges offer several performance advantages over their steel and rubber counterparts and can provide substantial benefits to those in the snow removal industry.
- Polyurethane exhibits better abrasion characteristics than rubber, plastics (often referred to as "poly" vs. polyurethane) and most metals.
- Polyurethane is resilient, and therefore absorbs impacts and conforms to the surface being plowed rather than damaging the plowing surface, making it the ideal choice for use on concrete, parking garages, brick, pavers, cobblestone, or any other uneven surface.
- Polyurethane cutting edges reduce driver fatigue and equipment wear by minimizing blade and equipment vibration.
- Polyurethane cutting edges are very quiet in operation, making them ideal for use in residential areas and hospitals.
Airport Benefits Include the above and
- FAA regulators strongly suggest that airport snowplows be equipped with urethane cutting edges.
- Polyurethane cutting edges can save you money in the long run. Polyurethane cutting edges are less likely to rip out or damage submerged lighting and pavement markings.
- Reduce litter on runways-polyurethane cutting edges will eliminate metal shavings that are encountered when using metal cutting edges.
Why Use FallLine Polyurethane Cutting Edges?
FallLine has utilized its extensive knowledge of creating high wear polyurethane products for over 40 years to produce a superior line of snow removal products at a competitive price.
We provide the best product at the best price by using the same formulation for all our cutting edges. This formulation has been tested extensively and has been used by FallLine for 30 years. Our formulation provides the best performance to price ratio available, and color does not affect performance—it is simply a pigment. Since 1981, FallLine has used high visibility yellow as its signature color for high wear products.
Our standard formulation is designed to excel in most applications. However, if you have a severely abusive application, we can create a material that suits your needs.
Our materials are formulated to have excellent abrasion resistance, a broad temperature range, and superior physical characteristics such as tensile strength, tear resistance, elongation, rebound, and chemical resistance.
We stock cutting edges in various sizes for most small equipment applications, and we can manufacture cutting edges to meet your requirements, ranging from the largest airport plows to the smallest plows for ATV's.
- Pre-drilled cutting edges can be ordered to your requirements. In some cases, mounting holes allow blades to be inverted for twice the life.
Polyurethane Cutting Edge Applications
Snowplows: Straight plows, V-plows, pull plows, pusher plows (box plows), ATV/UTV plows, etc.